Author Topic: Great Uncles Bring back  (Read 4279 times)

jimmyvan197913

• View Profile
Great Uncles Bring back
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »
Looking for some info on the HSC that my great uncle brought back from WWII. Sn 769494.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Great Uncles Bring back
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:22:54 AM »
Your HSc is an Early Wartime Police (Eagle L) pistol made in May 1942.  Unfortunately, there are some serious issues that eliminate it from any collector value.

It appears to have been refinished to something other than its original high polish blue.  Both Grips have been sanded and coated with small Luftwaffe (German Airforce) symbols applied.  It addition, both Grips are chipped at the tips over the Trigger Guard area.  You do not mention if all the serial numbers match although it would not matter in this case.

You are left with a remembrance of your Great Uncle and a fine shooter to take to the range.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »
Yes, the example does have some problems.  Having said that it is still a very nice looking shooter.  Thank you for sharing those photos.   I like those emblems!

Jim 
Jim

jimmyvan197913

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
Thank you for the feedback. not sure about the finish being redone its possible 70 years of storage in its holster is responsible for the way it looks the uncle that brought it back has been gone since 89 and the other uncle his older brother that passed it down to my father left us in 93 so its actual story is lost to history. it hasn't been shot since August of 1997 a couple weeks prior too when I left for boot camp. I will be retiring in June after 21 years in the Navy and plan to remedy that. Thanks again for the info   Jim

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 12:06:13 PM »
You may get a surprise when you shoot it.   Those grips may not stand up well to additional recoil.   I would get a set of replacement grips to shoot it.  Just food for thought.  I have several for that purpose. 

Jim
Jim