Author Topic: 1914 Mauser no serial numbers  (Read 4720 times)

SigFreak77

• View Profile
1914 Mauser no serial numbers
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »
greetings. I am a new Member and hope I am doing this properly.  I recently received in 1914 miles or 6.35 from an elderly gentleman who said he brought it back from Germany.   The problem I have is this pistol has no serial numbers whatsoever. It does have the usual markings on the slide and barrel but nowhere else. If anyone on this forum has any idea of how this could be please let me know. I can show pictures if I can figure out the procedure. Thank you all so much and glad to be a new member of this forum.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 Mauser no serial numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:32:46 AM »
Sig,

Welcome to the forum! From your description it is hard to say what you have other than its a .25 caliber/ 6.35 mm pistol without serial numbers. Pictures would go a long way for us to see what you have and provide possible explanations. So if you can please post some pictures and I will try to be more helpful.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

mike9905

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 01:02:59 AM »
SIG, Has your pistol been refinished? My 1914 has the serial number stamped on the rear of the frame and the left side of the slide. A lot of metal would need to have been removed for there to be no trace of a serial number. You need to be worried about the legality of owning this pistol. Can you post pictures?

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 07:49:39 PM »
I have seen a couple 1914 Mauser Pistols without serial numbers before. So it's possible. But photos would be good