Author Topic: Mauser Hsc year made info help  (Read 7226 times)

bunxx

• View Profile
Mauser Hsc year made info help
« on: April 09, 2018, 11:54:18 PM »
Hi there! first post on here actually so its nice to informally meet all yall! My names Brandon and im from texas to introduce myself a bit.

I was lucky enough to find this site, and would like yalls help in information on my HsC i have.

It is a .32 auto
Has a eagle over N stamp on one side and an eagle with an L next to it on the other
serial number is 748*** (does the last three make a difference in information?)

any information on year, how many were made or other cool info you might have would be appreciated :)

on a side note, are these worth anything? ive shot it already, and its actually pretty darn accurate

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mauser Hsc year made info help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:29:48 AM »
Hello Brandon and welcome to the forum.  Yes, to get as much information as possible I would need a complete serial number.  From the info you have provided I can tell you that you have an Early Wartime Police issued HSc.  More when I have that serial number and do all three serial numbers match?  Some pictures to show condition would also be needed if you want to know a value.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:33:04 AM by Warbird »

bunxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:45:13 AM »
I can get some pictures up later today, the full serial number is 748500 though! I have not checked to see if they all match, i will do that as well when I get home. thank

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »
That sounds like a nice early police.  Congratulations on the find. 

Jim
Jim

bunxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 07:07:27 PM »
Thank you! And yes all the numbers match

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »
OK ... your Early Wartime Police HSc was manufactured in December 1941.  Production of the HSc began exactly one year earlier in December 1940.  From my Production Chart shown in this Sticky:
http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html
total 1941 HSc production was 47,924 pistols of which 4,400 were Police issue.

Hard to fix value with only one photo but if it is representative I can make out some staining/pitting on the Slide, Frame, and Grip Screw.  I cannot see if the Magazine is the correct vintage.  The wood doesn't appear to be chipped or cracked.  In this condition and with matching serial numbers I would estimate the value to be between $750 and $850.

Anything else, Brandon, let me know.

bunxx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 09:11:50 PM »
OK ... your Early Wartime Police HSc was manufactured in December 1941.  Production of the HSc began exactly one year earlier in December 1940.  From my Production Chart shown in this Sticky:
http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html
total 1941 HSc production was 47,924 pistols of which 4,400 were Police issue.

Hard to fix value with only one photo but if it is representative I can make out some staining/pitting on the Slide, Frame, and Grip Screw.  I cannot see if the Magazine is the correct vintage.  The wood doesn't appear to be chipped or cracked.  In this condition and with matching serial numbers I would estimate the value to be between $750 and $850.

Anything else, Brandon, let me know.

That covered everything i was curious about and i couldnt find a drop of that anywhere else, so thank you for the help.

Is getting the gun pitting/staining worth it? or does doing that detract value?

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »
The only thing you can do is have it reblued and that will immediately drop the value by at least half.  Let it stand as is and be sure to clean and oil it to prevent further damage.

bunxx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 10:03:24 PM »
The only thing you can do is have it reblued and that will immediately drop the value by at least half.  Let it stand as is and be sure to clean and oil it to prevent further damage.

Gives it character yeah? Thank you for the help :) my knowledge of current guns is great, but vintage, older guns and my knowledge goes out the window