Author Topic: Nice Postwar HSC  (Read 4839 times)

Buchnerb@cox.net

• View Profile
Nice Postwar HSC
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:04:56 PM »
I picked up what appears to be a nice postwar HSc this weekend. The serial number is 966007 and it has three lines on the slide, plastic grips, lanyard ring and a marking I don't recognize on the left side of the trigger guard. (Photos attached I hope Sorry it won't let me upload pics)

I took it to the range today and is a nice shooter.

If anyone could shed some light on this gun and its history I would appreciate it.

Bruce

Buchnerb@cox.net

• View Profile
Re: Nice Postwar HSC
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »
I picked up what appears to be a nice postwar HSc this weekend. The serial number is 966007 and it has three lines on the slide, plastic grips, lanyard ring and a marking I don't recognize on the left side of the trigger guard. This part dropped off my original post and it says my pics fail security. If someone who can post pics will accept them perhaps they can be posted.

Bruce

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 07:58:19 AM »
Sounds like you aquired a French manufactured HSC right after ww-2. The marking you describe on the left side of the trigger guard is most likely a intertwined rw which is typical for French HSC. The French while in control of the factory produced the hsc with a variety of features meaning some had lanyard loops, some did not etc.
The particular one I have has a external lanyard loop, wood grips and the full serial number is on the frame. The slide is non numbered and has the last 4 numbers of the serial on the barrels breech block.

Buchnerb@cox.net

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
Thanks for the info. Mine does have the last four of the SN on the bottom of the barrel but the barrel seems to be very tight in the slide and I didn't want to force it out.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
Just wanted to check in with you re your Barrel tight in the Slide.  Haven't heard that before but it occurs to me that you might not be disassembling properly.  The Barrel has to be pushed forward slightly and then it can be lifted out of the Slide.  Try that and let me know how you make out.

Buchnerb@cox.net

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »
I did and it came apart fine.

Your book arrived Wednesday and I see my HSc was made midway in the French occupation. Not a WWII gun but it could have been to Viet Nam or Algeria.

Fun to shoot and reasonably accurate. I load my 32 lightly for use in my old weapons.

Thanks,

Bruce

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 11:59:52 PM »
Specifically, according to French records your HSc was assembled in February 1946.