Author Topic: New Here but not to firearms discussions!  (Read 4385 times)

cwo4uscgret

• View Profile
New Here but not to firearms discussions!
« on: August 10, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
Tim here.  Retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer and retired Customs Inspector/CBP Officer.  I buy, sell, collect, and trade custom-made knives and collect and shoot firearms.  I recently (yesterday) added two German Mauser 7.65mm handguns; a Model 1914 (Second Variant New Model) Commercial that I bought from David Rachwel's website www.handgunsoftheworld.com.  I've bought some good guns at reasonable prices from David.  I also bought a Mid-War HSc 7.65mm from a friend who I am helping her to sell some of her deceased husband's guns.  Not knowing a lot about either of the guns now I know enough to be dangerous!  When I got home and looked at the markings on the HSC I learned that the HSc is a police pistol - Waffenamt with L on the left side of the trigger guard and a "bird" over an N on the right side.  It came with a leather flap holster that isn't correct; it is marked with a Waffenamt and letter code but is almost to difficult to read.

and a nice Crown U stamping:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:51:54 PM by cwo4uscgret »

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: New Here but not to firearms discussions!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 07:19:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I could repeat what I posted on GunBoards but I'll let others reply here. Alan(Warbird) can tell you everything you might want to know about your HSc.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 07:56:49 AM »
Greetings, Tim and Welcome!  I will be glad to answer any questions you might have about your HSc but since you didn't ask any I don't know where to go from here.  To start with I need the complete serial number to date it for you.  If you are looking for an appraisal of value I need more photos of different views including the Magazine.  Anything else ... let me know.

cwo4uscgret

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 03:08:18 PM »
Warbird - Ive got a fair idea of value; 1914Mauser gave me a gentle course correction when I called a Mauser 1914 a 1934; WRT the HSc manufacture date (based on the serial number 747077) would be sometime in the 1941-42 time frame per the UnblinkingEye website.

The issue I have with it (and was answered by someone on GunBoards) is the hammer will not lock into single action.  I can manually manipulate the hammer, slowly, and get it to engage; I suspected there was a spring issue relating to the sear - and it seems there is.

Of course if you want to add any commentary about condition, etc. please do!  :)

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »
OK ... to refine your estimate a little further, your Early Wartime Police accepted HSc production date is December 1941.  It's hard to talk to the condition based on one photo.  Of course, the Grip panel is chipped on the upper corner and it looks like a larger than normal screw head was/is used to hold it on.  Bluing is somewhat worn, perhaps 80% to 85%.  Don't know if the Magazine is correct without at least a description.

That's about all the information I can provide you with.  Anything else, I'm always here.