Author Topic: Loaded chamber safe for carry?  (Read 9901 times)

2x2

Loaded chamber safe for carry?
« on: December 14, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »
I notice the sear surfaces are rather large.  Is there any danger carrying with loaded chamber with safety on?  I often wonder those who carried them in war did.   If one fired a first shot and not the second there is a round in the chamber and a lot of rigamaroe to get an empty chamber again.

Thanks for your comments

mike9905

• View Profile
Re: Loaded chamber safe for carry?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »
This is my first post on this forum.  239 persons have read your question, none have answered.  I think that's a "no".

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:22:58 AM »
It is a safe as it is to do with any automatic pistol. In other words less safe than without.
Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

Prepper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »
I know this is an old post, but am i correct in assuming that most members prefer to carry with out a live round in the chamber? Thanks. Alan

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »
Is this question specific to the M1914 pistol?

Prepper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »
Yes. Thank you.

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
I personally would not carry a loaded cocked 1914 Mauser Pistol if I had newer viable options at my disposal. But if that's what I had to carry I would carry the 1914 cocked with the safety on.

Craig9409

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 01:01:59 AM »
I totally agree. This isn't the gun to take to a gun fight with the options available to us today. They are great to tinker with, collect and shoot on the range but low power for defense purposes, especially the .25 version. Yes, they will kill but placement has to be perfect. And the magazine changes are slow at best. Choose a modern handgun for concealed carry defense in a caliber sufficient to win the fight God forbid it happens and with sufficient capacity to engage multiple attackers. Where there is one bad guy, very often his buddy isn't far away. Also a modern design that allows for fast for magazine changes. These guns are called curio/relics for a reason. They are museum pieces, not modern defensive handguns. A small amount of money buys a new S&W M&P with a spare magazine in .40 cal. But, if a 1914 Mauser is all you have....sell it to me and buy a new gun with money left over.