Author Topic: 1914 newbie with a couple of starter questions  (Read 6695 times)

Ledfowl

1914 newbie with a couple of starter questions
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:14:23 PM »
I recently bought a 1914.  I've got a couple of questions that maybe someone knows the answer to.
First, I'm wondering about the firing pin channel in the slide.  I haven't had a pistol where it's exposed like this.  Should this be kept lightly lubed?  I know of other pistols with an enclosed firing pin channel that want this area dry, and that's why I ask.
Secondly, I've read warnings about removing the grip, that something behind it might fall out of place.  I'm not finding any specific information.  Should I be careful?
Thanks in advance for your help. And, oh yes - it shoots.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 newbie with a couple of starter questions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
Lubing the striker channel is a good idea. Moving parts and all but no more than a light coat of oil on all metal parts is necessary. Removing the grips will not cause any parts to fall free. Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

Ledfowl

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 01:00:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated.

I was also going to ask about magazines.  I believe my pistol came with the original mag.  I'd like to add a new one.  Does anyone have a dependable source, and do both the Model 1914 and 1934 use the same .32 acp mags?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
I prefer original magazines but have heard triple-K is a decent aftermarket magazine. Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

Ledfowl

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »
I wanted to add that I did buy a mag from Triple K.  I had to file the follower down a couple thousandths of an inch so the slide would clear it without hanging up, but it works fine now.  The pistol cycles properly. Thanks again.