Author Topic: HSc magazine question  (Read 4401 times)

HWaA

• View Profile
HSc magazine question
« on: May 27, 2019, 04:22:05 PM »
Went to a gun show this weekend looking for a pair of original plastic grips (you never know). All I found of any interest was this plain floorplate wartime magazine. Notice the cutout on the housing. Under magnification it shows to have been drilled and hand filed to produce the flat top. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this was done. It doesn't effect function but made it a parts magazine as far as collecting. Paid $30 for it.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSc magazine question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:48:27 PM »
Very strange (can't imagine what its purpose could be) but it does remind me of the Magazine Release Slot on a Walther PP series Pistol Magazine.  Perhaps it was modified to be used in a Walther.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:48:32 PM by Warbird »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
That is odd. I have not seen that before.   I like the price you paid.  Good for you!   

Jim
Jim

HWaA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »
 Warbird, I see what you mean about the PP mag. Pulled one out and did a comparison. HSc mag does not fit in the PP. Someone had something in mind. And Jim, it's been awhile since I have found a good deal on something HSc related at a gun show. Nice clean floorplate and follower. Thanks for the optimism.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:44:41 PM by HWaA »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 10:29:54 AM »
You are welcome.   That is an odd shaped cut out.  It must have played some utilitarian role; however, I have been reminded several times that standard issue was taken very seriously by the German command.  My guess is that it must be post war.  Still a great buy at any gunshow.  You must be a good negotiator.   

Jim

P.S.  I can hardly find any HSc related items at the shows I attend.  I must be hanging out with the wrong crowd.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 11:25:36 AM by jcorl »
Jim