Author Topic: Help Downsizing Photo Attachments  (Read 3958 times)

bigbore44

• View Profile
Help Downsizing Photo Attachments
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »
Recently I am having a problem on this forum with my photos posting in an enormous size.  They are so large it requires one to "scroll" across them in order to see the complete photo.
I use Photobucket as my "host" and simply paste the Photobucket link on my post.  There is no provision on Photobucket to "downsize" unless I want a "thumbnail" size.
Is ther a better way to add photos?  Is there a way, after I post a photo to "size it" to fit the thread?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help Downsizing Photo Attachments
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 04:54:48 AM »
If you are unable to adjust the resolution on your camera, any photo type software can reset the size of your photos.  I use an old version of Jasc Paint Shop to accomplish this.  My ideal width on this site is 650 pixels.  If you look at my HSc "sticky" on Instruction Manuals, note the width and you can see how this fits the screen.

There is also a limitation of four on the number of attachments allowed per post.  If more photos are to be posted simply start a new post with each batch of four.  Again, you can see on the "sticky" how I handled this.

Hope that helps you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 05:00:20 AM by Warbird »

geert45

• View Profile
Re: Help Downsizing Photo Attachments
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 02:01:17 AM »
Use ImageResizer..google and you'll find.Regards,Geert