Author Topic: Turk/Swed 8mm  (Read 6496 times)

MULE72

Turk/Swed 8mm
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:31 AM »
I can't figure out how to post photos and would really like to add some of my next project.I am a huge fan of Turkish Mausers and picked up a '93 action a while back.It wasn't drilled and taped.I couldn't decide what to do with it and since I also like the "Enfauser" rifles I started piling parts up.What I have managed to accumulate for parts is the action,a swedish '96 stock,a set (front and rear) of sights from a Chilean '95 and a Turk '35 barrel in 8mm.The bolt is a '93 type bolt I picked up as the action didn't have one.It is about half way turned down.Not in a sporter kind of way,more military,yet not like a carbine.don't know for sure what that came from.Anyhow I may be the only person who likes to build weird stuff but I would love to post some photos.If anyone can help me figure out how I would be grateful. 

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Turk/Swed 8mm
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:50:04 AM »
Attaching pictures to your posting is rather simple.  There is a box below where you reply that says "Attach:" and "Browse...".  Use the "Browse..." function to locate the pictures on your computer that will insert them into the "Attach:" box.  Then click on "Post" to complete the process.

MULE72

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
I tried that and now it's saying my pic's have failed security checks and that I should consult admin.Don't know,need help.I'm not good with computer stuff.

tburke

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
Mule72,
Attachments must be of the file types: doc,gif,jpg,jpeg,pdf,png,txt   if you have a different file type, let me know what that is.

Maximum file size is 1MB or 1024 KB.  If your image is larger, please reduce the size with image editing software before uploading. Here is an article discussing how with links to free software and web sites to help: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/digitalimaging/f/howreducesize.htm

The maximum total upload per post is 3MB or 3072KB.  And a maximum of 4 images can be uploaded at once.

These measures help us keep the disk space usage on our server to a reasonable level.  This is a free site but it costs me money out of pocket to run it. (cause I love you guys...)

We PREFER you to use other alternatives such as to setup a gallery of the images on a free site such as Picassa (now called Google Plus Photos), Flickr (my favorite and you can link to your Flickr gallery from your profile here on the board), or Dropbox (my second favorite, which also allows you to backup other files in the "Cloud" for free) .  Once you have your images setup on one of those free sites, you just link to it from your posts here... or embed the image from their server directly into the post such as this:

model1914Mauser by Tim Burke Kiosk Guy, on Flickr 

or using our image button when posting (the icon looks like the Mona Lisa painting):