Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 21851 times)

tburke

Welcome!
« on: December 13, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
Thank you for following us over to the new web site and forum format.  For a short time we will keep the old forum visible for archive reasons. But going forwards we will be using this new forum technology.   Thank you for your patience as we try to improve the Mauser collector community.

As you initially sign up within the new system, you will have a status of "newbie" until you have participated in many posts on the forum. Over time your status is automatically upgraded.  A few long time contributors will have a more advanced status so you know they have been here for quite some time.  I appreciate your patience with that initial status as we reboot the forum in this new platform.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:53:42 PM by Admin »

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:36:07 PM »
The new fourm looks great. I have something for you when you have time send me an e-mail. Regards,

Burgess
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

vlim

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »
Looks nice, and lets hope that the Mauser collecting community will find and enjoy the forum!
The verification codes on every post are a bit of a downside to me. I think that extra verification for members who are logged in should not be needed.

tburke

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:01:37 AM »
Looks nice, and lets hope that the Mauser collecting community will find and enjoy the forum!
The verification codes on every post are a bit of a downside to me. I think that extra verification for members who are logged in should not be needed.

Vlim, thank you for the feedback.  The Captcha verification should only happen until you have a post count of 3 or more, at which point it should go away.  I'm not sure yet about the second level which is the human questions about TGIF etc.   We'll see as we move forewards.  Spam and their robots are a real problem on any board and we are trying to head that off from the start. 

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:32:47 AM »
I enjoy it!!!   I think someone has put allot of thought and work in setting it up and I congratulate them on their fine efforts!

Jim

Jim

Deputy

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:07:40 PM »
I am VERY happy to find this 98k forum. I look forward to giving and receiving much information about the 98k.

Dep

HMA269snakedoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 09:51:32 PM »
Hello everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself since I am a newbie (haven't been one of those in quite a while!). Hope to learn about a subject that has intrigued me for years.:)

jbede

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 11:50:01 AM »
Since this is my first visit to this site I am definitely a newbie! I am not familiar with the old version of this site so I cannot comment on the new one, but I don't see anything that disturbs me. 

The reason I am here is because I own a Mod 98 Mauser my stepfather brought home from WWII.  It is original except I redid the stock when I was in High School.  I have often wondered the type wood used?  It looks like a pine from the grain, which is very nice, but I have never seen it anywhere except on the rifle.

JB

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
Any photos of that wood?

Jim
Jim

tassie223

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »
Hi from Tasmania , new on here just only got into the Mausers

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »
Hello Tassie,

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you enjoy your visits to the site.   As you can tell, we love our Mauser's here and their history.  Please keep us posted on what you locate in your part of the world.

Jim
Jim

Checkman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:16:57 AM »
Hello from Idaho. I focus on double action revolvers. I prefer double-action mid-side revolvers in 38 Special and made between the two world wars. As a result I own mostly S&W and Colt revolvers. However I also own specimens made before and after that time-period and in 38 S&W, 22LR and 357 magnum. I also have a few semi-autos. For decades I have wanted a Mauser Broomhandle Bolo. I mean literally since 1979 when I was eleven years old. I finally got a Bolo a couple weeks ago. So here I am.

SeanG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 08:06:15 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm a newbie but long time follower.  I live in Darwin Australia.  I'm keen on anything semi auto, and have started my C96 Mauser collection - you can't beat good old fashioned German engineering!
Does anyone have any insights into C96 models and history?  I am constructing a brief to the uneducated on the various models and quirks which make the broomhandle a real collectors item.
cheers

Sean

tuolumnejim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 04:34:57 PM »
First post on here and I'm going to jump straight to the HSc section.

madmax

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 12:49:19 AM »
Hi all, I am from Canberra Australia. I have recently purchased 2 Gew98s, on from 1915, the other was manufactured as a 100 year commemorative 1998. Never had a shot through it. Went to a Military Firearms Competition here in Canberra on Saturday. Dozens of Gewehrs and SMLEs being used. Just amazing sounds. Am looking forward to joining the competition shortly.

Max