Author Topic: Values  (Read 6400 times)

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Values
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:29:35 PM »
Just stumbled upon a Mauser 1910 listing in Guns International for a Model 1910, 25 Cal.  The seller rates it's condition at 75% and publishes a partial serial number of 2593??.  I think it is asking $225.00 for the example.  I have no idea, if this is market value or full retail or bargain pricing.  Any input would be appreciated on its value.

Jim
Jim

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Values
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 01:09:26 PM »
 Jim - Most .25 and .32 caliber pocket models fall in the $250-350 value range. This is for common variations in very good or better condition. The serial number of the example in question places it as a common variation but at 75% I would most likely value it at $200. For a pocket model to achieve upward of $350 it would need to be a less common variation or have a desirable use marking (police, army, navy, retailor etc...) or be in like new condition. There are enough of these around to require collection quality examples to be in very good or better condition. Currently in the market (on line auctions) many sellers are starting/asking far more that actual value but you will rarely see sales at inflated prices.  IMHO for what it is worth.

Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »
Thank you for the informed reply.  I had a .25 for years, but it was stolen along with a dozen other guns many years ago.  I have always wanted to replace it.  You have provided very useful and interesting information.

Jim
Jim

JohnS3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:04:07 AM »
This thread provided with some of the information I have been looking for.
Thank you,
John