Author Topic: HSc missing trigger spring.  (Read 8607 times)

Cipollino

• View Profile
HSc missing trigger spring.
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »
Hello,

Since im new to this forum i was hoping that some of you can help me. The problem is as follows. A while back my father took my Mauser HSc (Serial no. 883036) to a shooting range. After some shooting the trigger jammed. For a reason he did not know.

With the help of some charts and faded illustrations. I managed to identify that the trigger spring was missing. Dont know how but maybe it snaped and fell out, who knows.

I ordered a new spring from a german weapons dealer/smith he previously managed to send me a new magazine spring and a trigger spring for my Mauser C96. So i figured he knows something or two.

Well i got it, and it seems it is not the original, and even if it isint,  it seems too far off to be correct.

As i hope someone can help me to find the correct info (picture) to figure it out.

Best wishes from Estonia,

C.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSc missing trigger spring.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 02:51:09 PM »
Here are two pictures of the Trigger Spring installed in an HSc.  Hope they help:

Cipollino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:33:03 AM »
Thanks, but i think i misspelled. Im attatching a photo where is the fabricated so called spring and the pistol.

I found a chart where was a illustration of the pistol and the numbers of different parts. And the bow shaped piece was called a trigger spring.

Im sorry if my knowlege is poor on that one.

PS! I added a picture link. Because for some reason it does not allow to attach photos.

LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58cq9n2W4NeZERCMmxSc0l5a2s/edit?usp=sharing

C.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »
I think you are showing a Trigger Bar Spring that goes to a 1970's version of the HSc.  It is not used on the wartime pistols.  The only spring for the Trigger mechanism is the one I have shown above that wraps around the Trigger Hinge Pin.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »
I must give you credit for a very nice photo!  Mine don't turn out that great.

Good luck with the gunsmithing.

Jim 
Jim

Cipollino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
I think you are showing a Trigger Bar Spring that goes to a 1970's version of the HSc.  It is not used on the wartime pistols.  The only spring for the Trigger mechanism is the one I have shown above that wraps around the Trigger Hinge Pin.

Thanks warbird! Indeed the spring in question is broken. Thanks to your photos i could identify it. And yes i did some research and the trigger bar spring is only on the 1970 pistols.

Thank you again.

C.

Cipollino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
I must give you credit for a very nice photo!  Mine don't turn out that great.

Good luck with the gunsmithing.

Jim
[/quote

I worked with the lighting and customized the shutter speed on my camera.

But yeah im waiting for the new correct spring and it should be working again.

C.