Author Topic: New member  (Read 6024 times)

Romolo

• View Profile
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
I would like to introduce myself to the forum.
I'm a proud owner of a commercial 1914 Mauser pistol belonging to my grand father.
Still in perfect working condition with its original holster.
I'm very happy to join this community.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »
Hello Romolo,
Welcome to the forum. Your 1914 Mauser was made in 1924. The holster looks to be of European origin and appears to have been modified. Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

mike9905

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
Romolo, If your pistol has been stored in its holster I am astonished by its condition.  Leather holsters are notoriously cruel to carbon steel.  One of my 1914 Mausers was stored in its military flap holster and is deeply pitted.  A word to the wise.

Romolo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:57:07 AM »
Yes, the pistol has been kept in its holster since ever, good to know that is better to remove and to keep them into some cloth.
The holster is an original unmodified one sold with the pistol in Italy in the 1926/1927.
My grandfather served in the excise office before WWII and this was his ordinance pistol.
I started maintenance it when I was 7 year old under my grandfather guidance and he did maintained it very well all the years before.
When my grandfather passed away it belonged to my father and now that even my father has passed away it belongs to me.
After several years I do not perform maintenance I have forgot how to remove the carriage, after removing the barrel it only advances about half an inch. I remember I had to to something with the magazine catch but I'm not completely sure.
BTW excuse me for my english and for my mistakes (if any), I'm italian and english, obviously is not my mother language.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:04:59 AM by Romolo »