Author Topic: Dissasembled my HSc, need help!!  (Read 6169 times)

GHampe

• View Profile
Dissasembled my HSc, need help!!
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
Hello guys,
I recently decided to be ambitious and do a complete disassemble of my Mauser HSc for cleaning purposes. The problem is, I am having a horrible time figuring out how to put it back together. I tried looking for videos or assembly instructions, but nothing was informative enough. I have looked at the online diagrams, but they are not of much help. It is one of those post war "1 of 5000" models. I can put all the pieces back together roughly, however, the mechanisms seem to not be lining up, and things just seem off. I am having problems specifically with the sear, the hammer, cartridge feed cam, and maybe even the hammer strut.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:48:20 AM by GHampe »

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dissasembled my HSc, need help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:52:53 PM »
I'm afraid you've gone far beyond any help that we could provide when you detail stripped your pistol.  For safety reasons if nothing else, you should probably take your HSc to a licensed gunsmith in your area and let him reassemble it for you.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
Amen. 
Jim

Laufer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:22:36 AM »
When my Hsc's grips were removed, very gently grazing a moist patch over some parts caused two parts to jump out about a foot! Never happened with Garands, SKS, Mini 30.
But which? :o ???   How many? Thank God they landed on the bare wooden floor, and not in boxes full of small gear.

The trigger bar and a very small retainer piece were totally unknown to me. My only other handguns-the superb Sauer 38H and Sig 232- have Never ejected parts. With the Hsc (or any others) I would not have known what was missing.

GHampe: Count me among the group who will never even take grips off this gun again-I will pay a gun smith to do so (held inside a plastic bag to catch anything). Some guys do this when removing grips. Let us know when/whether your Hsc becomes operational.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:43:57 AM by Laufer »

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:33 PM »
I hope your gun smith is better the one in my area.  He wouldn't know what a Mauser HSc was. I would send it to Tom Heller.