Author Topic: 1914 Fire pin issue  (Read 5570 times)

klq9386

• View Profile
1914 Fire pin issue
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:47:04 PM »
A recently had a 1913humpback stolen from me and got a 1914 to try to replace my favorite gun I owned. The one issue I am having is when the slide slides forward when putting the clip in the firing pin 25% of the top goes forward. If I continue to cycle its hit and miss on when the firing pin stays back in the cocked position. Every time I pull the slide back and look underneath it the firing pin is locked back. If when I slide it forward I slow the slide down with my hand it will never fail. Its only at full speed.

If anyone has any pointers to what could be causing it I would greatly appreciate it.

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 Fire pin issue
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
Just a opinion but it sounds to me that the firing pin is not fitted to the gun or is wore down where it catches on the sear. I have on a couple of my guns just to try it switched firing pins. Some would work in all and others would work just in the gun it came in. As a particular gun is fired parts will wear in to the surrounding parts and cause the problem you are encountering. Just my .02

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 Fire pin issue
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
Also I am sorry to hear about your pistol being stolen. A humback is on my list of guns to acquire and I would hate to have any of my guns stolen.