Author Topic: pocket pistol  (Read 7000 times)

pfryturner

• View Profile
pocket pistol
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:59 PM »
I have a 6.35 caliber mauser "pocket pistol".  This is the only designation for this pistol I can find.  It has a serial number 400509.  It says on the left side "MAUSER-WERKE A. G. OBERNDORF A. N."  On the right side it says "Cal. 6.35-D. R.P.u.A.P."

Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: pocket pistol
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:31 AM »
You have a 1910/34 Mauser pocket pistol. Yours should be a transitional variation still having a relatively straight back grip based on the serial number you provided. Year of manufacture would be 1935. Here is a link to the old site where you can access my reference article showing the different model variations. http://old.mauserguns.com/gungalleryModel1910.asp

Regards,
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:04:52 AM by 1914mauser »
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

pfryturner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
Thank you for this information. 

I bought it at an auction a few years ago.  It came with two clips and a holster.  The holster is brown leather and looks military.  It has a flap that fully encloses the pistol.  Under the flap is a sleeve for the extra clip.  I am not interested in selling this or any other gun I have but I would be interested to know what this one is worth.  Any ideas?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »
That depends on condition. Can you post some pictures? That will help me determine a more accurate value range. Without seeing it I can say most fall in the $200-450 range (the pistol alone) magazines are in the $75-125 range and the holster could be $25-250 or more depending on condition and makers markings. As you can see there is a wide range or what it could be wourth and without seeing what you have it is hard to narrow it down. Also the retail value is not necessarly what you could get for it if you were trying to sell it.
Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

pfryturner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:05:04 AM »
Thank you for this information.  This is good enough.  I don't need an accurate appraisal just a ball park idea.