Author Topic: Pawn shop find: Mauser Broomhandle Red 9  (Read 18412 times)

Milsurp Collector

Pawn shop find: Mauser Broomhandle Red 9
« on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:15 AM »
Got this last week at a pawn shop that I drive by every day on the way to work. It is a few blocks from my office. I had checked them out in the past but they didn't sell guns. Last week I noticed they had a sign out saying that they were now selling guns. This C96 Red-9 broomhandle is all-matching and in excellent condition.

MATT HELM

• Vigilant Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • DEAN MARTIN TRIBUTE
Re: Pawn shop find: Mauser Broomhandle Red 9
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 09:01:37 PM »
You have done exceptionally well, with that "9". Very ★★★★lucky indeed.
Looks mighty original, and well kept.
Please keep it that way, don't let anyone" doll it up "
Don't judge a man, till you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you will have his shoes.

mauserfan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
Great find!  You never know how these guns travel around the world. Perhaps a family member after a WW2 vet passed away... wanted to just get rid of it.   Well done
Never Enough Mausers!

xxu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:00:18 AM »
I got it for much less than market value. Here are two comparable pistols

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/8660773/guns-for-sale-curios-relics/pistol-curios-relics/mauser-c96-broomhandle-red-9.wwi-german-military-matching-and-origina
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11740147/guns-for-sale-curios-relics/pistol-curios-relics/mauser-c96-broomhandle-red-9-9mm.outstanding-shape.all-matching-non-import

Nice one. It could come cheap. Once I met a gardener, who wanted to sell a Red 9 that his father left to him. Unfortunately, he had already consulted a local dealer, the dealer told him it might sell a couple of thousands. So his mind stucks on that number and refused to go lower. I had to pay what he wanted. Needless to say, it could come much lower.

But no comparison with the 2nd one in the links though. That's a 9mm Mauser Export caliber pistol, which is much rarer then Red 9.