Author Topic: Value of 1939 ERMA  (Read 4143 times)

Redgate

• View Profile
Value of 1939 ERMA
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:47:20 PM »
without a doubt I have a 1939 ERMA s/n 1878. All numbers match except for hingeplate. It is missing the cleaning rod and the original strap. Standard Werhmacht Eagle over swastika, some bear the number 280 below them, the cartouches in the stock are still visible. The barrel is nice and shiny, no pitting. It has an unusual hinged mud cover at the end of the barrel which swivels. I have shot 5-10 rounds through this gun. I also have a bayonet in it's metal scabbard with leather on top but s/n does not match this gun. I used to have some strip clips with original ammo along with some web ammo pouches - all long gone. I obtained these from a relative who served in WWII and brought these back. After his death in about 1982, I found them hidden in his closet, wrapped in an old blanket. Inside the blanket was, what I can only describe as, heavy duty greenish-blue wax like paper and the guns packed in what I think might have been cosmoline. When I pulled it all out, it basically looked like old dog doo, but practically impossible to get off my hands. So, these are not Russian capture or imported in after the war. The other Mauser was what I believe to be an ES-340 or 350 .22 youth rifle - Oberndorf markings. I would like to know what the approximate value of this 98 is if I can get some help. Many thanks ! Redgate