Author Topic: Approximate production date of my pistol  (Read 8041 times)

chipshot

• View Profile
Approximate production date of my pistol
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »
Hello, I am new to the forum and am trying to determine the production date of my Mauser pistol.
I think it is a model 1914 pocket pistol and it has the serial number 3845XX. All the numbers match aand after reading here I have determined it has two crowns and a U behind the rear sight.It has a one piece wrap around wooden stock and the clip has a squared front base with three open slots in the left side and the Mauser insignia stamped inthe right side.  I traded a 9 shot 22LR revolver for this about 25 years ago and would like to know about it.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Chipshot

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Approximate production date of my pistol
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:43:24 AM »
Please confirm the caliber of your pistol and the complete serial number for correct year of production.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

chipshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
Good Morning and thanks for the reply. It is 7.65 MM (32 auto cal.)and the complete serial number is 384520. The full serial number is stamped on the front left of the slide and at the back of the frame under the firing pin hole. The last 4 digits of the numer are stamped underneath the frame next to the trigger guard. There is the two line address "Waffenfabrik Mauser A-G Oberndorf A.F. and Mauser's Patent on the left side of the slide and the Mauser logo on the left frame. The right side has printed Mauser 7.65 than under it is stamped "Germany". as stated earlier ther are two crowns a the letter U behind the rear sight.

Thanks again in advance for the information.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 09:09:24 AM »
I do not have the table to look up the exact year with me but I will later and will post the year but I can say that it is mid 1920s production.

Regards,
B. Mason
aim small, mis small

chipshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »
Thank you very much for the answer. I have gained a lot of knowledge from reading the posts here and am anxious to gain more info about my pistol.
Chipshot

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:07:02 PM »
It was made in 1927. Because it is marked "Germany" it was most likely exported. Many were sold in America and other countries through out the world. Yours is the second most common variation with over 100,000 like it made. There is not much more that can be said about it other than value which will depend on condition. If you would like an estimate please provide pictures.

Regards,
B. Mason
aim small, mis small

chipshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
Thank you very much. That is very interesting to know. I will try to take some pictures and post them in the next few days so you can take a look at it.
Thanks again
Chipshot