Author Topic: 7 x 57 mm mauser ammo with the heavy bullets  (Read 7674 times)

stumpstalker

• View Profile
7 x 57 mm mauser ammo with the heavy bullets
« on: June 14, 2015, 08:31:16 AM »
  I have a Mauser hunting rifle chambered for 7 x 57 mm Mauser rounds.  And, for hunting the larger-bodied big game of the Northeastern States, I have been advised to use the 170-175 grain, round-point (non-spitzer, that is) bullets.

I have not been able to obtain any such ammo from the many companies that have offered it in the past, and may purport to today.  Their retailers all appear to be out of this stock; and I do not plan to get into re-loading my own.

Do any Members of this forum have any ideas to surmount this problem?

Thank you. 

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 7 x 57 mm mauser ammo with the heavy bullets
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »
I found a few distributors with 7x57mm 173 grain ammo in stock highlighted on GunBot.  Go there and select a dealer: 
http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/7x57mm/
Hope that helps.  Let me know ...

stumpstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »
WARBIRD:

Thank you.  The list you provide was very helpful.

I was able to obtain Privi Partizan 7 x 57 mm Mauser ammo in 158 grain, which is as close as it appears I am going to get to the hallowed 170-175 straight-sided, round point bullets. 

Midway was the source, and I had them add a couple of boxes of 9.3 x 62 mm Mauser ammo in 286 grain.  Good service and fast delivery from Midway. 

No one seems to offer the Sellier & Bellot 173 grain soft point 7 x 57 mm Mauser rounds right now; so I will go with what approximates best what I want and is available.     

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:46:21 AM »
Try SG AMMO see what they offer

stumpstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 07:27:47 AM »

Since obtaining the Privi Partizan 7 X 57 mm Mauser ammo, I have also been able to have brass reloaded with 175 grain bullets by Glenn Anderson, at Aardvark Laboratories, LLC in Cape Coral, Florida.  Glenn Anderson, the proprietor, was very accommodating of this and other reloading requests.