Author Topic: I need help with identification.  (Read 18438 times)

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with identification.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »
The correct Magazine for your vintage HSc would have a blue floorplate with the Mauser logo on it.  The housing would be bare metal (in the white) with 7 lightning holes on each side.

Shooting with an incorrect Magazine such as yours may lead to feed jams and/or a dropped Magazine where it falls out of the pistol when fired.  There is also a Magazine Safety that may not operate correctly.  In this case, when the Slide is locked to the rear and a Magazine is inserted, the Slide goes into Battery (full forward) while chambering the first round.

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 08:33:29 PM »
If you end up keeping the gun you will find that they are like potato chips. You can't just have one.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 10:17:43 AM »
    Original photo you posted.  Looks like you may have a CZ mag in that photo.  I located a photo of them on the web to show you what a seller is calling a CZ mag.

Jim
Jim

brlefty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »
Hello again,
This exchange began in July of 2015 when my friend wanted to sell the gun. He changed his mind, but recently did sell to me with 2 other pistols.
Today I did attempt to fire, but it jammed, as you folks had cautioned. The floor plate is curved, which does not match up well with the gun, but I had to try. Any comments welcomed! Thanks.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »
Well!  Welcome back, Briefty!  I don't know how much more we can add.  It looks as though the pistol was stored in the leather Holster which ate away at the finish.  Never a good practice!

I went through some of the books in my library and could not identify the Magazine.  As a matter of fact, it may be homemade because there is absolutely no reason to curve the Floorplate like that.  Every known example I looked at (well over 200) had a flat Floorplate.

After looking over all the photos, I am re-evaluating you HSc as "Fair 25%-85% Finish and Functional".  That would bring down the value to about $250 to $300 which is a rough estimate of the parts in it.  The Grips are by far the  most valuable component in their current condition.

Bottom line, it's a shooter that will provide you with many hours of enjoyment at the range once you find a Magazine that works.  Good luck!

brlefty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 11:35:58 AM »
Hi again Warbird. Since I am now waiting for a proper mag I thought it was a good time to disassemble and clean. While watching a video the person 'racked' the slide with the hammer down and the safety off. My gun will not 'rack'. I suspect this may have something to do with the previous owner trying to use an improper magazine. I am not certain I am describing this situation properly. Suggestions, comments, thanks!