Poll

I want to find out the value of this gun Mauser .30 broomhandle serial number 140798 but hammer has a different serial number 76167?

Need to establish value?
1 (100%)
Need as much information on this gun as posible?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Mauser .30 caliber Broomhandle  (Read 5894 times)

fabiandaroca

• View Profile
Mauser .30 caliber Broomhandle
« on: September 07, 2015, 01:48:06 AM »
I have this mauser .30 caliber broomhandle in very good condition. Looking to purchase it from a collector or sell it for her. I was wondering if anyone out there might know of it's value? The serial number on barrel is 140798 but the rear trigger has a different number 76167. Would appreciate any information anyone can give me. I have very little knowledge of older guns. I own an AR and a Sig 45 cal, but have never come across something like this. The serial numbers date back to approx 1910.  The gun itself is in incredible condition. Please Advise?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Mauser .30 caliber Broomhandle
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »
The wording of your post is curious as it is confusing if you own, are trying to buy this from or are selling this, for a lady. Regardless the C96 in question is a mismatched example. This means it was made from parts of more than one C96. I know this because of the different serial numbers. This removes it from collectible consideration and lowers its value to a shooter. It has also been refinished. I know this because some parts that should have a different finish are blued. Depending on its functioning, value is in the $500-800 range. No other information is important because the year of manufacture and history is void because it has basically lost its originality.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

fabiandaroca

• View Profile
Re: Mauser .30 caliber Broomhandle
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:57:24 AM »
Thank you so much! A friend of mine said he had a buyer for $1000.00. I considered buying it but it not my kind of gun. Again thanks for your reply!

Fabian