Author Topic: HSc Kriegsmarine Holster  (Read 11651 times)

HSc

HSc Kriegsmarine Holster
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »
I have been addicted to the HSc for about five years now and have read everything I can find. Like they say " There is no such thing as a free education". I have made some good buys and a few costly mistakes. Sound familiar? I recently purchased my first HSc 3rd variation Kriegsmarine with this holster. My problem is I can't find one like it anywhere and was hoping someone here would enlighten me as to what I have. It is unmarked except for the stamp under the flap. And that looks to me like a double stamp? Also the flap that covers the butt I have not seen before. The indents in the leather on the inside show it has had an HSc in the holster for some time and the pistol fits perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: HSc Kriegsmarine Holster
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
Looks like a correct (late war) KM holster to me.  I have been trying to buy one for several months like yours.  They are not that easy to locate.  Congratulations.  Is there a small indent on the inside of the bottom of the holster?   

Jim
Jim

HSc

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »
Thanks for the information Jim. I do see a small indent just in front of where the front sight rests. Maybe 3/4 of an inch long. Looks like the leather was removed slightly so that when it was folded and stitched it would not have as much resistance at that point and would help to keep the outside leather from cracking. Another thing. I have never seen the leather flap that protects the butt on a KM HSc holster before. I didn't know about early and late war holsters. What differences are there? I have a lot to learn.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
I am also curious about the difference in a Late War version of this KM Holster versus other time periods.  It looks like a standard Wartime KM Holster to me.

HSc

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »
Thanks for your reply Warbird. I value your opinion. I was worried that the holster may have not been authentic. I have read the book you co-authored cover to cover many times. It is always on my desk as my go to reference. Great job.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »
Gentlemen,

I have been researching the KM holsters for about 6 to 8 months.  I have learned a couple of things that appear to be correct.  First, the difference between a 1934 Mauser KM holster and a HSc KM holster is the witness mark on the inside, bottom on the holster.  The holster that contains a small, round indentation was more than likely containing a 1934 Mauser, as the barrel pressure tip pressure caused a round rub mark on the bottom.  The HSc did not cause a round rub mark.  Second, early war KM holsters did not have any markings on them.  I am not sure when this practice started or stopped or if it was just one manufacture that sent out unmarked KM holsters early in the war.  Our friend in Norway has two of these examples. 

Hope that generates some discussion.      Jim
Jim

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
  • If not a Mauser, then what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
Hmm, i am not shure about this holster - sorry!
Pay attention!

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 01:18:16 PM »
Looks really perfect and almost too fresh. 

JIm
Jim

HSc

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
Thought I'd post a few more pics of that holster. Again, what about the flap that covers the butt. Has anyone seen that before?

HSc

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 05:54:49 PM »
Opps. Double posted one.

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
  • If not a Mauser, then what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 05:10:56 AM »
I think that this holster is post war!
I think that the stamp is fake, and added post war - usually three stripes in the wings - not four!??
The restmarks on that protecting flap is not from an HSc!

Any restmarks inside holster that indicates that an HSc has rested in it?
Only protecting flap i have seen on pre and wartime holster is the Huber holster for the PP PDM - but located on top of the spare mag. pouch...

Just my opinion the ones above...
Pay attention!

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 07:27:30 AM »
You state your case very well, Asle.  I think we all appreciate your observations.  Thank you!

HSc

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 01:08:54 PM »
Thanks for all the information. Lots to learn.