Author Topic: HSc Production Chart  (Read 107030 times)

Fausto

• View Profile
Re: HSc Production Chart
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
Thanks a bunch !
Fausto

gunhorde

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2018, 04:54:46 PM »
I picked up my first Hauser HSc at the Wannamacher show this past April in Tulsa. First time attending the show too.

Mine is a 1941 production matching police marked example. (E/L). Minor finish wear and freckling right along the lower edges of the slide, nothing I can't live with. Grips are perfect with minor wear, no cracks or chips. I got it from a private seller so it was a cash & carry deal, no papers.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Gunhorde!  There is no such thing as "dipping your toe in the water" with the HSc.  It becomes a passion instead of a hobby.  I still remember my first HSc purchase more than 40 years ago (it took me that long to write the book!).

If you care to share the complete serial number and/or photos, I could see if there is any history in our extensive HSc database including a production date.  In any event, good to hear from you!

Fausto

• View Profile
Date of manufacture of a late bakelite grips...
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
Hello!
I would be very pleased to know the date of manufacture of my last entry : a bakelite grips HSc s.n. 932279...
Thank you so much...
Fausto

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »
Hello Fausto!  Your Late Wartime Army HSc was produced in November 1944.  Anything else let me know.

Fausto

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »
Thanks Alan ! That's very kind of you...
Fausto

Fausto

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
Here again, Alan...
Could you let me know when has been manufactured my HSc Heer E-WaA135, walnut grips, serial number 919472 ?
This the last of my four HSc's not yet documented...
Thanks again for your kindness...
Fausto

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »
Hello again, Fausto.  This HSc was made in August 1944.  Glad to help!

Fausto

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »
Thanks a bunch !
Fausto

kaeros

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »
My father gifted me an HSc this evening. I honestly thought it was a post war and he gave it to me mostly because I enjoyed firing it when we took it out to shoot. I've been trying to get more info on it though, and was wondering what you could tell me.

The serial is 721436, it's marked 655 under the eagle on the left of the trigger guard, and has an N on the right under the eagle, as well as on the end of the right barrel.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »
Congratulations on your gift and welcome to the Forum!  Your Early Wartime German Army or Heerwas made in June 1941, just six months after production began.  As you can see on the Production Chart, the Army was the largest buyer of the HSc during WWII.

Hopefully, all three serial numbers match on your pistol.  Look for them on the Barrel Breech, nose of the Slide, and, of course, on the Frame bottom of the Grip.  These Early Wartime pistols are prized by collectors because of their fine finish and precise construction.  As the war progressed quality was sacrificed for output to a certain extent.

If there is anything else, let me know.

HunterWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2018, 05:03:02 PM »
New to HScs: Can someone more knowledgable give me a value estimate for an very good-excellent condition all matching 1943 manufacture 4th variation commercial model with 1 mag and a 1941 holster?

Thanks.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2018, 06:39:40 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, HunterWulf.  Commercial variations were not numbered by Jan Still and to get a valuation you will need to provide a serial number.  Also, identify the Magazine by describing it's base and what type Holster do you have and  is it marked.  See this post, Reply #1, for types of Holsters:

http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,94.msg281.html#msg281

HunterWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »
My bad; I misunderstood the chart. It is in the 870,000 S/N range. I assume commercial as I could not find any of the military or LE acceptance stamps anywhere other than the basic three E/Ns. I believe it is the "military" style finish as it appears to have been blued as ground/machined. The bluing is in excellent condition with only minor spots of "in the white" metal on a couple hard corners from holster use. Magazine floorplate is pretty plain, flat, unpolished blue, with no markings. It is retained with a little cut out on one side which a tab on the magazine spring catches in, and the rear area of the floorplate has a relieved spot, like for a flathead screwdriver or similar tool to help remove the plate. Holster is  Army style, with a Genschow A.G. Berlin, 1941 stamp on the underflap. Anything else I need to look for?

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
The Magazine is the correct vintage for this HSc.  You will want to be sure all three serial numbers match.  I cannot give you a value without the full serial number.