Author Topic: HSc Production Chart  (Read 106996 times)

clintlee01

Re: HSc Production Chart
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »
Thanks for the chart! Is there anyway to find out any history on a particular hSc from the serial #?

Mqkmq3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 02:27:46 PM »
Hello,  I've come across my grandfather's Mauser hsc 7.65 mm pistol, it appears to me to be military police issued during Ww2.  It has the n marking with eagle on the side of the trigger housing  and the other side has a different eagle with an L next to it. Serial number is 761xxx, I'm not in front of the gun now but can give you exact serial number if needed   It has a black leather holster with an extra clip pocket. Holster has no markings inside. The grip I'm assuming is walnut (not low screw).  Good condition, some pitting and scratches.
Can you tell me anymore information about this gun?  Thank you in advance.
From what my mother told me my grandfather was a tank mechanic in Germany so it's likely he would have picked it up behind the advancing tanks.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 05:01:11 PM »
Yes, I'll need the complete serial number to give you the manufacturing date.  The Eagle/L Acceptance Mark tells us it was Police issue, not military.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mqkmq3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »
Thanks for the quick response the exact serial number is 762041

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
Your serial number tells me this Early Wartime Police HSc was produced in March 1942.  In Very Good condition at 95% or better finish, no chips or cracks in the Grips and if all three serial numbers match value would be $950 to $1,000.

Without any markings, the Holster is generic and probably not worth more than $50 to $75.  Hopefully you are not storing the pistol in the Holster since that could be detrimental to the finish and its value.

By the way, if you can find the "Capture Paper" that authorized your Grandfather to bring this HSc back to the States, it would add $100 to $150 to its value.  Anything else, let me know.

Mqkmq3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 07:51:52 AM »
By 95% finish, do you mean 95% of the finish is intact? It has been stored in the holster, probably for over 70 years, but I will make sure we store it properly. No word of any capture paper.
I do not plan on selling it, but I am interested in shooting it.  My mother thinks it's unsafe to shoot it bc it's so old, but I think it'll hold up fine. From what I've been told the 7.65mm is the same size as a .32. Do you think it's OK to take it to the range?
Thanks again for the insight.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »
Yes ... 95% means percent of finish intact and 7.65mm = .32 ACP caliber.  Your HSc should be inherently safe to shoot however, if something breaks (like the Grips) you may not be able to find a replacement and its collector value will disappear.  That trip to the range could end up being very costly.

Mqkmq3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »
Is that something that happens to old guns fairly often when fired? I'd absolutely love to shoot it but I don't think it'd be worth it if there is a fair chance of damaging it.  I'll try to post some pics so you can lay eyes on it.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
This :(
Jim

wheelgun6t9

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
Hi Warbird!  I've scoured the net and think I'm close but can't locate the manufacture date of an HSc that I'm looking at purchasing.  The SN is 00.7293 - Interarms 32 acp.  Do you know when this one was born?  Thanks!!

Wheelgun6t9

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 03:17:24 PM »
Your New Model HSc was made in 1970.

wheelgun6t9

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 03:44:34 PM »
Thank You Warbird!!!   You are a great resource  ;D

Flash

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 01:23:41 AM »
Great Grandfather owned this pistol, carried it in WWII. I was wondering if anyone could nail down when it was made.  Looking at the Serial, it would seem 1944.  I'll try to attach some pics to assist identifying it later (the 1MB limit is ... A challenge posting directly from my phone).  He had the hand grips personalized (at time of purchase or shortly after) with a picture of his wife and first born (my grandmother) and carried it this way. 

Serial 917541
Barrel Serial matches, haven't found the 3rd number but haven't looked very closely

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 07:03:05 AM »
Welcome, Flash.  Your HSc was produced in August 1944 within a large Commercial run at the factory.  Can you confirm that or was it designated to Police or Military?  If you don't have a program to reduce the size of your photos (doesn't everyone?), send them to me and I'll do it for you.  adburnham@verizon.net

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
Sounds like some sweetheart grips to me might be on that pistol.  Would enjoy seeing those photos.   Please send them for downsizing.

Jim
Jim