Author Topic: M48a Mauser  (Read 6422 times)

rcadude

• View Profile
M48a Mauser
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »
new to forum.  Just received a m48a from one of the onlline gun shops.  Started cleaning cosmoline and realized it is a model b with several stamped parts. Their ad states they are A models with only the floor plate stamped and made 1953-56.  This is stamped model A but has several stamped parts.  Called them and they will refund my money but cannot exchange for a true A model because all they have are what they sent me.  They do no realize the differences.  I told them they should at least change their ad.  What should I do?   Return it for refund and find a real A or let it go?  The B models were made later.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M48a Mauser
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:47:08 PM »
From what you have said, this is a parts gun made from different sources and certainly not what you ordered.  If you are dissatisfied, it seems obvious that it should be returned for a refund.  Most firearms are sold with a 3 to 5 day non-firing inspection period for that very reason.

rcadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:41:39 PM »
I guess i wasn't clear. The model B is supposed to be made with stamped parts.  I thought I was getting a model A with just one stamped part.  Their ad says the gun is an A but it really is a B.  Just don't know whether to get my money back and find a real model A.  Maybe I'm making too much of the stamped parts thing.  The gun does have matching numbers on stock, receiver, bolt and magazine floor plate. 

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 02:28:56 PM »
I have one. It shoots good
Jim