Author Topic: HSc barrel question  (Read 6502 times)

HWaA

• View Profile
HSc barrel question
« on: October 29, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »
I just found and purchased a very nice HSc early war Eagle/135. Before the purchase I checked the serial #'s and found that the slide and frame match, but the barrel has no number, it is also missing the Eagle/N proof mark on the side of the chamber. But it does have the WR inspection mark. The seller said he has had the gun for years and that the gun has had this barrel since he has owned it.  I know I will never be able to find a matching numbered barrel for it, but the gun was too nice to pass up and the price was right. The gun chambers and functions flawlessly. Does anyone know where this barrel may have come from? Factory error? Original inventory replacement part? Any help would be appreciated.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: HSc barrel question
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »
That one is above my pay grade.  I have some guesses, but they are only speculation.   

Thanks for the question.

Jim
Jim

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:16:22 PM »
Unfortunately, any answer to this is speculation, as Jim said.  Our research shows absolutely no response to a Barrel change.  I do not believe an unserialized Barrel is detrimental to the Pistol's value.

HWaA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 06:21:49 PM »
 I guess no number is better than a wrong number. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Stucki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:35:08 AM »
Possibly a barrel from the French post-war production. I heard from "French" HSc with parts with German acceptance marks (possibly leftovers from German warproduction). This gun could be a "French" HSc. What's the serialnumber of the pistol?

Alexander

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »
I to am curious about the serial of the pistol. I have a police accepted hsc from the 908k range with a nun numbered barrel and have seen a couple others close to that with non numbered barrels as well

HWaA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »
Like I stated in my 1st post this is an early wartime HSc, eagle/135. It is in the serial number range of 765K. Maybe at some point someone changed the original barrel with a new surplus one that was not serialized. The barrel is in mint condition showing almost no ramp wear. But the pistol is also in very nice condition, being a high polish with just normal holster wear. Thanks for your interest.