Author Topic: Thanks for the ad! Would like an assist on one of mine, trouble finding info.  (Read 5469 times)

darkestweb

• View Profile
So far the info I have is that this is a prewar commercial from 1905.  Indicators on the weapon seem to show the same.  The link here will show you the images of the ones I have.  What I'm interested in is the nickle version at the bottom with the custom beaver tail grip and "silver" bullets in a shadowbox.

I do realize that this could have been done by someone and ruined the value etc but each time we've asked for info on the S/N we were told they were lost to fire.  These links are oulook.com onedrive links but I do understand if you are wary.  I'll add a few images to this post as well.  The thickness of this weapons and the connection to the frame is also a bit different to me.  Any help/suggestions are appreciated!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqpS58aSxTKFkWTOs8gv-M7ggQ8s

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:12:15 PM by darkestweb »

darkestweb

• View Profile
Sorry guys put this in the wrong spot.  Don't seem to be able to move myself.  Belongs in the C96 group of course. 

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Exactly what is it that you want to know? Whatever it started as, pre war commercial?, it has been highly modified and has no collector value. The second grip is someone's custom creation.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

darkestweb

• View Profile
That's pretty much exactly what I wanted to know.  This seemed like a bit more effort than just coating a gun that didn't need to be coated.  In the past I've had some gun "sets" that were created for someone or to generate income the gun company needed from investors.  That resulted in some interesting alterations and very limited runs.  Trying to be sure this wasn't made for someone special which is difficult to do with all the records up in smoke.  Thanks for the response!