Author Topic: Help identifying this Spanish M43  (Read 4744 times)

thehun

• View Profile
Help identifying this Spanish M43
« on: November 28, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »

My stepdad gave me this Mauser a while back.

It is a Mauser 8mm.

Originally our family was from Europe and my stepdad used to live in Hungary, Italy, Switzerland and Spain.

Story is my stepdad received this rifle when his close friend passed away and included this rifle in his will for my stepdad back in 1970s. According to my stepdad his friend served under the Dictator Franco and was a "volunteer" that joined the Germany Army.

Now...this Mauser has ZERO manufacturing markings. The only stamps I see are crest/clover type markings throughout the rifle...they are about 2mm. There is a caliber stamping with some letters on the receiver and the same crest/clover stamping on the bottom of the receiver with several random letter markings. Front sight does have the Nazi Eagle with a waA103 stamping.

The barrel matches, receiver and bolt group. The trigger is a matched serial set as well. All the numbers are stamped very uniformly and precise...so they came from the same place and they cared for quality. There are no machining/grinding or sanding evident on the rifle that would show that the receiver was messed with in anyway to take the manufacturer off it.

Please help me identify this Mauser.

I've attached some pics if anyone can help me identify this rifle for me:

DAK

Re: Help identifying this Spanish M43
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »
Can you try and re-attach the pictures?