Author Topic: Model 30 Serial # 9094XX Bolt hard to retract, dosen't lock open properly  (Read 6327 times)

bidemhi

• View Profile
Hi, I'm new to this site and also new to owning a late model 30 Mauser in 9mm. My problem is that the bolt is very difficult to retract when trying to load the magazine. I can do it, but it is very difficult. Also the bolt won't lock back securely when trying to load the magazine without a stripper clip. once loaded the gun will chamber a round, fire and eject properly. Are all C-96 bolts difficult to retract? Why won't the bolt lock back, it falls forward and rests on the magazine follower, is this normal? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated. Bidemhi

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Yes, or maybe it depends. Do you cock the hammer first? Do you realize that if you push back on the barrel/barrel extension to release the internal lock block it is easier? The spring should be firm.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

glenn

• View Profile
Re: Model 30 Serial # 9094XX Bolt hard to retract, dosen't lock open properly
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:24:37 AM »
Hi I have a M30 Serial number 9091xx very close to yours there is quite pronounced machining in the lightening window is yours the same mine is in .30 cal

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
pronounced machining in the lightening window

Hi Glenn and welcome to the forum!,

Lightening window? I think you mean milled panels? If so, the machining is more pronounced in some more that others. A picture would be very helpful for us to understand your meaning.

Regards,
B. Mason
aim small, mis small

glenn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
hey appreciate your time great

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »
Glenn,

From what I can see from the photo your M30 looks absolutely correct and appears in excellent original condition. The machining in the milled panel is a good indication that it has not been re-finished as the area would likely have been buffed during a re-finish. Did you have any questions?

Regards,
B. Mason
aim small, mis small

glenn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »
Hey thanks for that relieved ..... ill be working up someloads in the next few weeks... mauser dies tokarev brass cast .311 pills .308 sizer we cant use jacketed ammo on ranges here hope thats the right way to go ta again