Author Topic: I am looking for information on my Mauser Pistol think it is a 1914? Please help  (Read 9308 times)

noire66

Hello,
I am new to this forum so I am not sure if this is the proper place to post my plea for information, so please forgive me if I am doing so in error. I have been told to ask an expert if I needed any information, and after searching the web for many hours I have concluded that you members are the ones who could best answer my questions.
I recently purchased my first Mauser pistol. It was sold to me as a model 1934, but after researching it online I believe it to be a model 1914, mainly because of the shape of the grip and the "MAUSER'S PATENT" written as part of the slide marking.
I am looking for the age of my pistol, any history or general information you may have, and an approx. value. Any and all information I can get will be greatly appreciated.
I will start with the slide marking, left side reads: "WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER A-G OBERNDORF A.N."  and under that reads: "MAUSER'S PATENT". On the same side is the Mauser logo. The right side of the slide reads: "MAUSER-7.65"
The grips are a wrap around checkered wood grip which looks to be the straighter style found on the 1914 (from pics I have found online). The bottom of the magazine is also stamped with the Mauser logo. I have found 4 places that are marked with a serial number (slide, back of frame, in front of the trigger under the trigger guard, and bottom of the barrel on the lug) all of the numbers are matching (360,075). There is a crown over U proof mark that is located behind the rear sight. I can not find any other markings at all. Additionally, there are no import marks at all on the pistol, I do not see Germany marked anywhere.
It also seems to have the original holster with it as well. It looks like it was a military holster at one time, but someone long ago has removed the spare magazine pouch and cut off the leather flap, the aged look of the holster is consistant and even over the entire surface so I do believe it was done a long time ago.
Again, I will appreciate any information I can get on my Mauser, and will be greatful for any of your knowledge that you are willing to share with me. I have been collecting WW2 pistols for a few years now, but this is my first Mauser pistol, I am very interested in this one and hope to learn all I can about it.
I will try to post some pictures, as I do know the old saying is true: "a picture is worth a thousand words"

noire66

RIGHT SIDE OF MAUSER

noire66

LEFT SIDE

noire66

PISTOL IN HOLSTER
The reason I feel the holster has been paired with the pistol for a while is because of the way it fits and how the holster is "worn" around the pistol.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
You are correct. It is a 1914 Standard post WWI variation made in the mid 1920s. It is one of the two most common variations of the 1914 model. Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

2x2

Sure is nice with still strong checkering.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
I like the finish.  Looks like a fun keeper.

Jim
Jim