Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Model HSC Pistol / Re: Mauser HSc Fail To Feed FTF Jamming Problems : SOLVED
« Last post by ksprenger on October 14, 2018, 09:55:35 PM »
I just did the same thing with my interarms HSC, got springs from Wolf, still jams but less often.

General Discussion / Paul Mauser symposium now Online!
« Last post by mrerick on October 14, 2018, 10:31:32 AM »

In April, 2018 a full day symposium on Paul Mauser was organized by the BVVW (Belgium Society of Arms Collectors) and the Curtius Museum in Liege, Belgium.

The symposium explored many of the recent discoveries from the Paul Mauser personal archives curated by Mauro Baudino and Gerben van Vlimmeren, and the materials discussed in the book Paul Mauser his Life, Company and Handgun Development. A documentary "The Legacy of Paul Mauser" has also been produced.

I joined Mauro and Gerben as the editor of this book and also spoke at the symposium as well as video recording the presentations.

You can view the full content of the symposium now at:

http://www.paul-mauser-archive.com/paul%20mauser%20symposium.htm
Model HSC Pistol / Re: Slide lock and feeding issues
« Last post by HSc742 on October 12, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
So I got another mag safety bar in and it was too thick to fit in the frame groove as well.  On closer inspection, the original mag safety bar has a precision milled recess on the inside of the mag safety bar that allows it to fit properly into the groove. Neither of the two versions I ordered had that recess. Can anyone confirm if the recess is an original wartime production feature? Did that get redesigned in later versions to simplify the manufacturing process?

UPDATE: I spoke to the parts company and they do have a period correct sample with the recess. They are milling the recess and sending me a new part. Progress.
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: How to identify real stocks from repros?
« Last post by 1914mauser on October 10, 2018, 07:27:20 AM »
cgu,

All the things you have listed are ways to spot reproduction stocks, like the one shown. It helps to have held some genuine stocks to know what they look and feel like but listing what is correct would be shorter than listing things to look for. This is a good guide to stocks and which is correct for a particular variation.

http://askmisterscience.com/1896mauserbackup/stocks.htm

Regards,
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / How to identify real stocks from repros?
« Last post by cantgrowup on October 09, 2018, 03:00:36 PM »
I'm new to C96's and have a Standard Wartime Commercial SN 3813XX, and a non-serial numbered wooden case/stock that appears genuine.  I also have another non-numbered stock that looks suspect to me, and it was presented as an authentic stock.  How can I easily identify a replica stock?

Things that make me leery.

1.  Stock is made from one continuous piece of "walnut" with lid and stock showing continuation of grain.  (On my "real stock", the lid grain is perpendicular to the stock.)
2.  The lid release button and mounting screws are both "knurled" but the grooves appear to be hand-engraved instead of stamped or machined.  The lines are not at right angles to each other.  The screwdriver slot on the mounting screw is not centered in the screw, but is slightly to one side. (On my "real stock", the knurls and screwdriver slot look like a German did it.)
3.  My C96 won't fit inside the stock due to width issues, not barrel length.
4.  It looks in too good of a condition to be real.

Anyway, any advice on how to spot fake stocks would be greatly appreciated.
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: Mauser Broomhandle C-96 for sale
« Last post by 1914mauser on October 09, 2018, 07:09:27 AM »
Hammer,

Welcome to the forum. If you want to sell items there is a section below to post them. Please include a price and terms like where you will or will not ship to, if you are a FFL holder or will be transferring via a licensed dealer and a complete description of the items being offered. Since you are a new member I would recommend an on line auction like GunBroker.com over a sale here.

Regards,
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: Mauser Broomhandle C-96 for sale
« Last post by Hammer on October 08, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »
thanks
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Mauser Broomhandle C-96 for sale
« Last post by Hammer on October 08, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »
I have a C-96 Broomhandle Mauser pre war id ;like to sale. All numbers match
« Last post by Warbird on October 06, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
You are correct.  You have to specify WWII vintage for the part.
« Last post by HSc742 on October 06, 2018, 11:06:26 AM »
Update: I ordered a new mag safety bar and repro walnut grips from Numrich. The mag safety was too thick to fit in the groove in the frame and the inside of the left grip wasn’t milled to accommodate the protrusion of the disconnect bar, leading me to believe they were parts for later model/commercial versions of the HSc or .380 versions. They’ve been returned and I’ve ordered a mag safety from Jack First parts to see if that fits better. The saga continues... :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10