Author Topic: Firing pin replacement (1942 HSc)  (Read 7013 times)

Adalwulf

• View Profile
Firing pin replacement (1942 HSc)
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »
I recently received a new recoil spring from Wolff, and it also came with a new firing pin spring. I followed some instructions on how to remove the firing pin, but when I was working it out of it's position I snapped the striking end of the firing pin off. Upon fixing the firing pin (I can reattach the steel), does anyone have any advice on how to install these without bending or snapping them, like I have done on removal? Pictures is my unfortunate situation.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Firing pin replacement (1942 HSc)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:20:43 PM »
To properly install (or remove) the Firing Pin you need to remove the Manual Safety.  You will have to use two small screwdrivers to push the Firing Pin and Safety Barrel Plunger (on the Extractor side) slightly forward to clear the Safety Barrel.  Then pull the Safety Lever out of the Slide.  Reassembly would be the opposite procedure.

With the Safety removed, you can insert the Firing Pin tail first, moving it to the rear so that the tip and Spring drop into place.

CAUTION:  If you lose control of the Safety Plunger, its Spring and the Extractor Plunger could come out and be lost.  Also the Extractor may drop out of the Slide.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »
Please read in detail  and be alert to Warbird's CAUTION note.   

Jim
Jim

Adalwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
I am having a little trouble understanding these directions. Is there any way you could show me these parts with pictures?

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:13:19 PM »
I don't have any pictures of this.  What part don't you understand and maybe I can talk you through it?  If not, I guess you will have to use a gunsmith.

Adalwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 01:17:45 PM »
I suppose I just need a better understanding of the schematics, especially the slide assembly. I will look online for a good schematic.

Adalwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
Just installed it myself! Glad to have my HSc functioning again.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
Happy it worked out.  Doing it yourself can be most rewarding or most frustrating.   Sounds like you are a winner on this.

Jim

Jim