Author Topic: Mauser personnel question  (Read 7994 times)

Kirk

• View Profile
Mauser personnel question
« on: April 17, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »
Who was the General Manager of Mauser from 1933 to 1938?  He was based in Obendorf. 

vlim

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Mauser personnel question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »
That would be Dr. Dörge.

Fellow directors were Ott-Helmut von Lossnitzer and Hermann Zillinger.

Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 05:48:48 PM »

Thank you.  I have a 357 page draft book that was written by him.  However, I am half-way through reading the draft and cannot find him name mentioned as he is writing in first person and does not give his name. 

I just checked the last chapter and find that the author is Mr. Lossanitzer as he provides background details of the author of the book.  Many thanks for your information.  I'm an ordnance marketing guy who formerly worked in the McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company and the information about weapon design is most interesting that is put forth by the author.  All the best, Kirk

vlim

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »
Ott-Helmut von Lossnitzer was given the option to move to the US in 1945 under Project Paperclip. He worked in the US until his retirement. A cheecky nazi who switched sides to save his ass :)

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:21:39 AM »
That is quite a name. 

Jim
Jim

mrerick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 06:43:11 PM »
Ott-Helmut was interrogated by the US CIOS intelligence unit after the war and prior to immigrating under "Paperclip" to the USA (where he worked for Springfield Armory and then as a consultant in Wisconsin where he died).

I've visited his last home in Oberndorf, which is just above the Mauser "chateau".

Ott-Helmut's testimony has been published by Bas Martens in German and more recently in an English translation.

https://gunandswordcollector.com/product/ott-helmuth/

It's a very good read. I also have a monograph written by the may of Oberndorf at the time of the French occupation that is quite interesting.

Also, August Weiss was in charge of Pistols.