Author Topic: Mauser M712  (Read 4812 times)

cognard

• View Profile
Mauser M712
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
Good night to Everyone !

this is my first post after i have registered today looking for some M712 info !

i have bought a M712 , serial 560xx , and i have some doubts about her .....

1) were m712 finished in hot blueing or cold rust blue from factory ?

2) my 712 shows a reddish area on the sides of the upper , at the breach block area , is that normal ?

3) although  i have the stock , it looks that it has been trimmed to accomodate a 20 round magazine , was that normal ?

thank you very much for your help !

Ricard   

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Mauser M712
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 07:48:31 AM »
Ricard,

Welcome to the forum. I copied your questions to reply below. If you can post some pictures it will allow us to see what you have and the condition.

1) were m712 finished in hot blueing or cold rust blue from factory ?

It should be a hot salt blue.

2) my 712 shows a reddish area on the sides of the upper , at the breach block area , is that normal ?

Does not sound normal

3) although  i have the stock , it looks that it has been trimmed to accomodate a 20 round magazine , was that normal ?

No, the stocks were made for 10 rnd mags.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

cognard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »
thank you for your answer !!

i have seen similar reddish areas on some iver johnson revolvers and mauser 1909 , hot salt  reblued actions ..... 

regarding the stock , now i see it was modified to accomodate the 20 rounders .....

any source for a complete trigger pack ?

Reckless Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »
Any pictures? My C96 is kind of a coppery orange on the rear third of the barrel extension, but that's almost certainly due to it being refinished by someone who probably wasn't a professional.

I'm unsure about Mausers, but I believe that Astra's Model 900 series (the C96 lookalike) had stock cutouts to clear longer magazines on the models that had a fixed 20 round magazine or took detachable mags.

any source for a complete trigger pack ?
You might try CMR Firearms. There's also a guy on Gunbroker who goes by the name BROOMMAN who claims to have some M712 parts available, but I've never reached out to him.

Out of curiosity, would you be able provide me with some details (ideally accompanied by pictures) of how the M712 implements a bolt hold-open when the magazine is out of the gun? I've seen videos of people shooting them that suggest it has this feature, but the internet is pretty devoid of parts diagrams for the M712. I'm working on a detachable mag C96 using an old Federal Ordnance frame, and it seems that without adding an additional mechanism the bolt will slam home when the magazine is pulled out.