Author Topic: Need help please  (Read 4908 times)

No2allstars

• View Profile
Need help please
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »
Hello, I am new to this forum.  I am looking for some information on a Mauser HSC.  A family member has owned it since 1945 and it has the declarations papers where it was brought back.  The slide and trigger are blued and the frame is phosphate(maybe)?  It is my understanding that some might have left the factory like this.  It is all matching numbers.  Has the Eagle/WaA135 acceptance and Eagle/N.  Black grips.  Has anybody come across one like this?  If so what might it be worth?  It will never get sold, just would like an idea of the worth.  It has 2 magazines with it but no holster.  I would like to buy a holster for it that would have been correct if anybody can steer me in the right direction. 
Thank you for your time and knowledge. 

Bill

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help please
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:35:52 AM »
Hello Bill and Welcome!  Your Late Wartime Army HSc was produced in March 1945 just before WWII ended.  By that date, it probably never left the factory for delivery so was captured by the French in pristine condition.  Any wear or dings would have occurred after that.

Your photos do not show much as far as condition.  Pictures like these are best taken outside on a cloudy day.  And nothing on the Magazines so I can't tell if they are the correct vintage.

However, only a few pistols with phosphate Frames and blue Slides have been reported from that period so it is somewhat unique.  An all blue HSc from that year would be valued at $700 to $800.  With one extra and correct Magazine along with the Capture Paper would easily add another $200 to the value.  You could expect a premium for the unique finish but I have no idea what the market would dictate.

Again, let me say that without proper photos this is all guesswork and based on Very Good to Excellent condition.  Hope that answered your question and please ... be sure it is cleaned and oiled well and never, ever store it in a leather holster.  Let me know if there is anything else.

No2allstars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:41:15 AM »
Thanks for the info! I will get better pictures posted soon.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:33:24 AM »
You can watch prices and, perhaps, bid on the Holster you want on GunBroker.Com.  This is one of the largest Auction Sites on the web.  This will take you there:
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=HSc

This is what a Wartime German Army Holster looks like (closure strap can be up or down) and, to be authentic, it will be stamped either "Akah", or "jhg":

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:37:31 AM by Warbird »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:50:32 PM »
What an interesting HSc.  Congratulations on being the owner of such a nice piece.

Jim
Jim

Duster42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
Thanks for posting.
U.S. Army Viet Nam Vet '68-69'
NRA Benefactor Member
 Free men do  not ask permission to bear  arms