Author Topic: Noob to the board and the HSC, anyone know the year of my Mauser HSC? D1 5439  (Read 6106 times)

ksprenger

• View Profile
Anyone know the year of my Mauser HSC
says D1 5439 on the side.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Forum, ksprenger.  Your .380 HSc (correct serial number is 01.5439) was produced by Mauser in 1970.  "01" is .380 caliber and "00" is .32 caliber in the serial number.  Anything else let me know.

ksprenger

• View Profile
thanks
I took it out shooting over the weekend, jammed about every 3 shots, I had some winchester 380 ammo.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Not the ammo.  Most likely Magazine Lips, Magazine Spring, or Recoil Spring.  If you have another Magazine, try it.  If same problem occurs then replace Recoil Spring.  Otherwise replace Magazine Spring.  Both Springs can be purchased new from Wolff Gunsprings here:

https://www.gunsprings.com/MAUSER/HSc%20(EARLY%20MODELS)/cID1/mID40/dID171

Let me know how you make out.

ksprenger

• View Profile
I dont have another magazine to try.  Thanks for the link, maybe i should just get them.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Forgot to ask if you are using an original Mauser marked Magazine.  Some after-market Magazines are troublesome.  And "Yes" to purchasing new Springs if you have any doubts.

ksprenger

• View Profile
Took it apart, how can you tell is the spring needs replaced it all looks good inside.
Mag is Mauser marked .

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Don't mean to be rude, but those photos need to be resized.  They open in pretty small format.  Hope you don't mind.  I enlarged your photos.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:17:29 AM by jcorl »
Jim

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Spring replacement is based on shooting results (jamming) and not physical appearance.