Author Topic: My pore little friend  (Read 4525 times)

ZOMBIE

• View Profile
My pore little friend
« on: February 08, 2021, 12:33:17 PM »
Good day everyone I just got on board. I purchased a wtp 1 from gunbroker with 1 original and I aftermarket mag, and a nice holster only missing a couple threads and a rivet other wise in good shape.after about 3 weeks I was finally able to pick it up and couldn't have been more pleased with condition until I got it home and started going through safety checks :'(  almost everything works right. Original mag works great but aftermarket doesn't lock in with out a little help but it binds the action up something fierce but it does want to feed just slows the slide down so much it only goes into 3/4 battery.  The real problem lies in the sear it looks to have been hack jobbed for a better trigger pull but all they accomplished was to make it safety slam fire. By this I mean cock it put it on safe pull the trigger hear a light click then drop the safety and there goes the fire pin. I did try this with live rounds and it fired every time. Anyone know where to get a new sear and fire pi. I can't find any anywhere. Oh and my grip was in 2 pieces but I was able to find one of those. Just waiting for it to show up. I thank all for any info you may have.

Thank you for letting me into this group

Pjb11661

• View Profile
Re: My pore little friend
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 11:28:12 PM »
Sorry to here about your issue.  That the problem with Gunbroker is that you never really know what you’ll get until you have it in your hands.  You are correct that the parts will be very hard to find.  Over the years, I have found a few parts for WTP 1’s on eBay and gunbroker, but they done come up often.  If you email me at pjb11661@gmail.com, I have a name of someone who might have parts.

ZOMBIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 06:34:58 AM »
Thank you an email has been sent i really appreciate this

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 06:51:24 AM »
I have WTP I parts. Post a picture of the damaged part and I will let you know if  have a replacement.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

ZOMBIE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 02:01:25 PM »
I will have to get you pics of my firing pin once I get home I thank you for any help you can give.

ZOMBIE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 06:38:42 PM »
Here is my firing pin the sear surface has definitely been filed

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 07:29:06 AM »
So you are looking for a striker (firing pin) and a sear?
I think I have both. I will check and let you know. What is the best way to contact you? e-mail address? Phone number?

Regards,
B. Mason
aim small, mis small

ZOMBIE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »
Yes those are the 2 parts that where modified. It almost looks like someone didn't know how to field stip it and tried to disassemble it without dry firing first and maybe chipped the sear and tried to smooth it with a course file. thats how it looks under a microscope to me.
I did send you an email the other day at the email you provided so there is that. I do better with text  but not interested in posting my phone number.

ZOMBIE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 09:16:28 AM »
Never mind the email never sent sorry. I will try again and send my phone number

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »
PM sent via this site. Regards,
B. Mason
aim small, mis small

ZOMBIE

• View Profile