Author Topic: Inherited a Mauser ...  (Read 3097 times)

ericmccowan

• View Profile
Inherited a Mauser ...
« on: August 11, 2020, 06:48:36 PM »
I know nothing about Mausers. Can anyone give me the story about this? This was just passed down to me yesterday from my father-in-law. I've not posted before, so not sure if I'm doing it right.  On the pistol it has "Model HSc SUPER CAL .380 ACP"  "Under license of Mauser-Werke AG ObarndorfaN"  on the other side it has "Interarms Alexandria, Virginia" and "Renato Gamba Gardon Italy" and then the serial number.

I guess I would want to know when it was made?  I've read enough on here to know it would have been after WW2? I'm sure it's not worth much, money wise, but the sentimental value is worth more than anything. He still had the original manual with it, though it doesn't have a date on the paperwork.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:51:02 PM by ericmccowan »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Inherited a Mauser ...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 01:52:21 PM »
Still a very handsome gun with plenty of style.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jim
Jim

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Inherited a Mauser ...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »
The Gamba HSc was in production in Italy between 1983 and 1985.  That's about as close as I can get you.  Last time I looked, Gamba still had a website that showed a Post-War Mauser HSc design and not your model.  It has little value in the collector market so as a general .380 it is probably worth anywhere from $200 to $400 depending on the buyer.