Author Topic: P08 Help  (Read 3893 times)

chuck_w

• View Profile
P08 Help
« on: December 10, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »
I'm considering buying my first P08 and don't really know what I'm looking at so I thought I would ask for help. This is how the gun is advertised...

This is a gorgeous DWM Luger rig from World War I with both original matching magazines! This 9mm's upper and lower are mismatched but period correct. The receiver is dated 1911 but the frame has a stock lug so must be a little later. The set also included a 1915 dated holster and an unmarked tool.[/size]The gun is 98% of the original blue as there is minimal actual wear, but there are a few areas of light oxidation. The small parts retain nearly all of the original straw. The grips are matching numbered to the frame. The grips are in the same condition as the pistol aside from the common safety line on the left panel. Bore is Minty. The holster shows some age and handling wear but is in good shape overall with a 1915 date and Earnst Radszun maker mark.

My concerns are that it is advertised as a mismatched pistol and that the finish seems to be better than expected for a 100 year old pistol. I would also like an idea of what you believe it's worth. Thank you for your help. Pics will be posted in a few minutes.
[/color]

chuck_w

• View Profile
Re: P08 Help
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »

chuck_w

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »

chuck_w

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 05:40:57 PM »

chuck_w

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 05:50:57 PM »
Sorry I'm having trouble copying and pasting the advertising so I'll try again

"This is a DWM Luger from WW1 with both original matching magazines. This lugers upper and lower are mismatched but period correct. The receiver is dated 1911 but the frame has a stock lug. the gun is 98% of the original blue but there are a few areas of light oxidation."

My concerns are that it is advertised as mismatched and that the wear is much less than I would expect for a 100 year old gun. Also, if you could give your opinion on price that would be appreciated.

[/size][/color]