Author Topic: 1910/1914 Help  (Read 2564 times)

Fuzzy

• View Profile
1910/1914 Help
« on: June 03, 2021, 10:26:30 PM »
First off, thank you for letting me join your forum. I'm hoping you all can help me with any information at all on a 1910/1914. My daughter's best friend's husband was just given a 1910/1914 by his grandfather who got it from another soldier in Germany just after the end of World War 2. So far that is all the information I have.

The three pictures are all I have right now because my daughter's friend is in the Air Force and is out of the country, but she is coming back to the States next week and is stopping off here and bringing the pistol with her for me to clean and examine. I've already ordered new springs because I figure it will need those at a minimum.

From all the pictures of other pistols I've seen online, I've not seen one with any engraving like this one. The quality of the engraving looks like it was done by maybe a semi-talented amateur; maybe the original owner as a form of trench art.

So I'll be able to provide better pictures after next week, but I'm hoping to have some information that I can provide when she gets here. I suggested that they order a copy of the manual and one of the factory boxes and maybe even a holster and make a display out of it.

So, once again, thank you for letting me join, and for any information you can give me on the pistol.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1910/1914 Help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 07:21:17 AM »
Hello Fuzzy, and welcome to the forum. The 1910/14 was made in 1924. It is a common variation. I would agree that the engraving is very amateur. The magazine catch is bent and most of the original finish is gone. Because its condition is only fair, it is possible that is why was used by an amateur engraver as something to practice on. This has caused it to have even less value. Factory manuals, boxes and holsters can be valuable items and any of them could be more valuable than the pistol. A collectable example should look like this:
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small