Author Topic: Red 9 shoulder stock and pricing question  (Read 3586 times)

puffnstuff

• View Profile
Red 9 shoulder stock and pricing question
« on: January 18, 2022, 10:50:24 PM »
Hello fellow forum goers,
  I recently bought a Red 9 with the matching shoulder stock. The pistol is in good/original condition, and the stock is in good condition except for it's connection to the pistol. It snaps into the slot, but there's a lot of movement from side to side. My question is, is this a common problem with original stocks, or is mine just worn out? Is it possible to fix this problem without compromising the original parts? I'm also worried I paid too much for my pistol. Have c96 prices gone up in recent years?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 10:53:14 PM by puffnstuff »

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Red 9 shoulder stock and pricing question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 07:55:46 AM »
Yes, Maybe, Yes, Yes. I would need detailed pictures of the stock to say more about it. Most stocks have some side to side movement. Sometimes a thin shim is a temporary fix. Prices lately have been crazy. I would access the current market value of your example in the $2200-2700 range. Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

henry bucki

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 09:10:43 AM »
i have 12 red nines all where at least 2k maybe 8 years ago and all the wood stocks have some type of side to side  movement

puffnstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 09:16:09 AM »
Yes, Maybe, Yes, Yes. I would need detailed pictures of the stock to say more about it. Most stocks have some side to side movement. Sometimes a thin shim is a temporary fix. Prices lately have been crazy. I would access the current market value of your example in the $2200-2700 range. Regards,

Wow, I massively overpaid. Does the fact that it has all matching numbers throughout the gun make it worth any more than that appraisal?

puffnstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 09:19:04 AM »
i have 12 red nines all where at least 2k maybe 8 years ago and all the wood stocks have some type of side to side  movement

wow! 12 red nines. That's a very nice collection. Well, that makes me feel a little better. I'm glad there isn't something terribly wrong with the gun.

henry bucki

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 09:43:31 AM »
they are a interesting gun. i also have one that was shown in the book the broomhandle mauser also a full auto 9mm i bought maybe six years ago i think it was 16k

puffnstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 10:14:31 AM »
they are a interesting gun. i also have one that was shown in the book the broomhandle mauser also a full auto 9mm i bought maybe six years ago i think it was 16k

Yeah they're sort of a recent interest of mine, but I love the history and the design. That's crazy..what stands out about the one shown in the book? Would the full auto be a C12 then? Have any pictures you could post?

henry bucki

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 10:48:29 AM »
will try and take a pic of the c96 that was in the book but schnellfeuer is in the floor with the extended mag

puffnstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 11:23:32 AM »
will try and take a pic of the c96 that was in the book but schnellfeuer is in the floor with the extended mag

That's a gorgeous gun. Do you have a shoulder stock with it?

henry bucki

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 11:53:22 AM »
yes i do .its not controllable with out one .lots of fun to shoot. the 9mm upper has a death head stamped in metal on under side of frame near the barrel