Author Topic: C96 "Cherub" Grips  (Read 2293 times)

mradmack

• View Profile
C96 "Cherub" Grips
« on: January 08, 2023, 04:11:13 PM »
Hi,
I have a pair of black grips for a Mauser C96 pistol which depict a Cherub, armed with a C96 and dagger, slaying a lion. They are made from a very hard form of plastic. They aren't Bakelite or rubber and bear no serial number. I'm in the U.K, and got them with a deactivated Schnellfeuer Pistole. I have since replaced them for a more accurate wooden pair. I would like to ask the members here if they are familiar with this type of grip? I am lead to believe that they are not standard, and Mauser never manufactured such grips, despite several pistols on the internet featuring this type. Do any other member have a similar grip? What are their thoughts as to their origin and originality? Thank you in advance.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: C96 "Cherub" Grips
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 08:04:56 AM »
We need to see pictures. Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

mradmack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 08:27:07 AM »
As requested

mradmack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 08:53:18 AM »
A few more

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 02:15:41 PM »
I have heard of these grips though this is the first pair I have seen outside of books. I believe them to be original because I have not heard of them being re-produced. These may of been made by a company other than Mauser as plastic or Bakelite is a specialty to manufacture. Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

mradmack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 03:40:15 PM »
Thank your for your input. I had doubts about Mauser manufacturing them, because, they are rather vulgar and tasteless. I'm still uncertain if they were offered by Mauser,  because they have no serial numbers, I'm lead to believe they were sold, or fitted by some particular aftermarket Company/retailer. If anyone is interested in acquiring them, please message me. Thanks again