Pistols > C96 / C12 Broomhandle

Tempering safety lever

(1/2) > >>

QuanLoi:
I've had two safety levers on my C96 crack due to, I assume, the age of the metal.  I have another safety lever ready to install.  Has any one had any experience tempering, with heat, the lever? I think it would be necessary to re-heat the steel after hardening in order to give it a "spring" quality.
Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

QuanLoi:
What... no opinions?

henry bucki:
I think i would just install the new safety and not try to put heat on it. i dont think they are too expensive. i have a bunch of c96s and never had to replace a safety . only a lock frame stop on a snellfeuer 

QuanLoi:
Thanks for the reply.  As stated, I'm on my third safety lever on this pistol... and I hesitate to actuate it.  So it's there in the firing position and I'm not going to move it!

Thanks again...

reiver1:
Safety lever?  The firing pin guide bolt stop?  If you are cracking those you are using ammunition that is too hot and/or all of your springs need replacing..recoil/hammer spring as the internal hammer spring also retards recoil.
I reload for my 111 year old C 96 but it is a tight pistol with original tolerances...if the pistol  is 'loose' by a Wolfe spring kit with a 10% increase in recoil retardation.
If it is Chinese and not a real Mauser good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version