Pistols > Model 1910 Pistol

1910/14 magazine question

(1/2) > >>

JDM:
Hello folks. I’m new here.. Apparently (so I’ve been told) gotten myself a bit hooked on WW2 and older pistols. Collection is up to about 15 now. I only have 2 Mauser’s in the bunch but they have quickly become a couple of my favorites. My goal is to completely strip down each pistol for inspection, cleaning, lubricating, and re-spring, with the ultimate goal of taking them to the range. I’m about 1/3 of the way through the collection and focusing on the Mauser’s now.
I have a very specific question about my 1910/14. This one appears to be a 2nd variant of the 2nd type.  It’s a 6.35mm. Serial number 318xxx. My magazine catch spring has broken right where you push at the thumb point. I have a friend who’s a gunsmith for the local Sheriff’s Dept. Ironically he’s also a professional welder on the side. Sure enough, he welded it. Said it was like performing surgery! He even re-tempered the steel. Problem is it looks a little different now and I’m not sure if it’s holding the magazine at the proper depth in the frame. When I insert the magazine to the catch point there is still some room remaining under tension in the frame. Approximately 30 thousandths. Can someone please tell me what’s a normal amount of tensioned play between the catch point and the fully inserted point? Hopefully pics will help explain. I found an aftermarket spring catch at Jack First but it’s expensive, not sure if it will fit, and obviously not original.
Thank you,
JDM

1914mauser:
Your best bet is to find a replacement from a doner .25 in close serial number to your example. Regards,

JDM:
Thanks, that would obviously be ideal. Not an easy find unfortunately.

JDM:
Does anyone here happen to have a similar 1910/14? If so I’d like to know the proper mag clearance at the catch please. Thanks!

!tom:
On mine it's fully engaged. There is no clearance. The angle of where the catch holds the magazine ensures the magazine is held fully engaged in the handle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version