General Category > Holster Forum

Bright and clear eagle/MIII/8 ink stamp on Mauser holster...

(1/2) > >>

gebirg:
Wery nice holster for kriegsmarine - had to show this wery clear ink stamp!
I believe the producer is Albrecht Kind (Akah)

Warbird:
I'm somewhat concerned about this mark.  The Eagle/M III/8 is the Navy Acceptance Mark assigned to Mauser and would not be associated with another manufacturer such as Albrecht Kind.  Hate to say it, Asle, but I think it's a forgery and that's why it looks so clear.

gebirg:
Warbird,
I follow you, but i think this is real - it came with a 6. variation mauser 1934 KM
But i will check it once again.
Maybee the producer is not Akah, but i am almost shure this is not fake, and the ink stamp is not stamped post war in Norway.

gebirg:
Confirmed!
This holster with gun has been in only one mans property after 1945. He is an old man, and just delivered all his guns to my college.
I got two of these holster, one clear stamp, and one shady and not clear.
Is it the same stamp?
I mean so, but is the last digit "8" or can it be something else?

Do you have/ or seen other pictures of this stamps used in these holsters - i would wery much like to see.
In this case i am as shure and ceartain as i can be - this is not fake!
The blued one is the unclear ink stamp...

Warbird:
It certainly isn't typical since Department III of the Marinewaffenamt (MWa III) had oversight of Flare Pistols, Flares to 1⅓”, Pistols, Spare Parts, and General Ammunition, not Holsters or any leather products.  The correct mark would have been just the Eagle/Swastika/M Property Mark.  But it is what it is ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version