Author Topic: Postwar Bolo  (Read 7494 times)

ellisde

Postwar Bolo
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:07:56 PM »
I just came across a Postwar Bolo.  The serial number on the barrel doesn't match the two on the back or the 3 numbers on the hammer (those three numbers match though).  The bore/rifling looks good. Most of the finish is missing and minor pitting on frame.  Also the grips are very worn and missing the screw that holds them together. The lanyard ring is missing too.  Finally I haven't yet had the chance to see if it shoots but have been told that it does.  So, given it is a shooter, is $600 too much to pay?

mauserfan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Postwar Bolo
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Sounds like a good shooter. Do you have any photos that can help show markings and general condition?
Never Enough Mausers!

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »
Don't know much about this model but I checked on GunBroker for you.  Looks like asking price on a matching common Bolo is between $700 and $750.  I usually look for half the current pricing on any non-matching shooter, particularly in the condition you describe.

ellisde

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I'll try to get some photos, if it's still there.  It's on consignment at a local gun shop, so no telling.  Personally, I've only seen one other and it wasn't for sale.  I've always wanted one and I'm sure the desire to own one is clouding my judgement.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »
Happens to everyone.  It's called paying the "Gotta Have It" Premium.