Author Topic: WW2 HSC?  (Read 6903 times)

54rndball

WW2 HSC?
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »
Greetings! I am a new member and am interested in purchasing a HSC, which I think is WW2 vintage. The serial no. is in the 860000 range and is dull gray overall, with some traces of a blue finish. The grips are black rubber and may be replacements, also the magazine may not be original. Overall condition is described as very good. What would be a reasonable price for this gun? It looks like a nice piece and would be my first Mauser. Thanks for any help you might offer.

Don

54rndball

Re: WW2 HSC?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »
Here is a jpg of the HSC of interest:

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:56:22 AM »
Welcome to MauserGuns, Don!  Overall, this would not be a very good HSc to begin or add to a collection.  The grey coating indicates it has been refinished and the Magazine looks like it might be 1970's vintage which is not the proper size for this pistol.

Without more specifics, i.e., full serial number, matching serial numbers, marking on left Trigger Guard, markings on inside of the Grip panels, I couldn't give you a good valuation.  From the little information you have provided, I would say it's probably a "shooter" worth perhaps $250 to $350 with little or no collector value and you may have to purchase a proper Magazine to make it fully functional.

Anything else, let me know.

mauserfan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:38:19 AM »
I'd have to agree with warbird on this.  However, feel free to post up in the "Wanted to Buy" section of the forum and you may find a very nice one to kick off the collection.  :D
Never Enough Mausers!

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »
Mauserfan has a good idea.  You may want to follow-up on his suggestion. 

Jim
Jim