Author Topic: Help with a 1914 Pistol  (Read 335 times)

ScottRi

• View Profile
Help with a 1914 Pistol
« on: March 22, 2024, 02:50:08 PM »
I have what appears to me to be a war time 1914 pistol in .32acp.  I don't know much about Mauser Pistols but I am growing to really like them.  I just purchased a WTP 1 to go with my WTP 2.  My 1914 has Crown over a U on top of the slide as well as another mark that I'm not sure of.  It has has a Prussian Eagle on the trigger guard.  Serial Number is 175431.  It  appears to be in very good shape and the numbers match with the exception of the disonnector.  My problem is that it doesn't strike the primer when I cock it and pull the trigger.  I put new springs in it and it's still not working properly.  I've cleaned it inside and out and oiled it so I'm not sure where to look next.

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide!

vlim

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a 1914 Pistol
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 03:50:57 PM »
Hi, nice gun.

The Prussian Eagle was a late war order to mark and identify non-P08 guns as government property.

The small acceptance mark in front of the rear sight indeed identifies it a military property.

Perhaps your magazine is at fault. Try putting some pressure on the magazine bottom and see if the firing pin moves.

I had quite a few pistols with similar issues, cured by either swapping or replacing mags.